Here are some important developments:
- Pfizer will seek emergency use authorization for a two-dose vaccine booster, despite US health authorities He also said Thursday Third doses are not required “at this time”.
- Japan will Bar spectators from all Olympic Events held in and around Tokyo as the government imposed a new state of emergency to cover the capital during the Games. Organizers had previously limited attendance to less than 10,000 people, or 50 percent of venue capacity.
- South Korea I mentioned a record 1,316 new cases of coronavirus on Friday, prompting the country to tighten restrictions in Seoul to the highest level.
- Brazil, hit hard by the epidemic, The highest number of deaths and the lowest number of births were recorded in the January-June period since comparable data were first collected in 2003.
- The recently launched Sandbox program in Thailand, which allows many fully vaccinated travelers to reach the island of Phuket without the need for quarantine, Received nearly 2,400 visitors In the first week of July. The rest of the country is still struggling with high cases and the slow pace in rolling out a vaccine.