Before people started claiming this as evidence against vaccination. Here are the authors’ recommendations for this scenario:
• Control of antigenic variants and Update candidate vaccines to cover antigen escape variants.
• Conducting clinical trials of revaccination with non-antigenic vaccines
• Recommend Clinical trials of multivalent vaccines.
• Revaccinate vulnerable age groups at regular intervals with updated vaccines to dominant antigenic drift variants to increase an individual’s immune landscape to SARS-CoV-2 variants.
• Reducing transmission of SARS-CoV-2 within the UK (to reduce the risk of point mutations, recombination).
• Minimizing the introduction of new variables from other regions (to reduce the risk of recombination between variables).
• Monitor adverse zoonoses and, if necessary, consider animal vaccination, slaughter, or segregation policies.
• Continue to develop improved preventive and curative drugs for SARS-CoV-2.
• Storage of preventive and curative medicines for SARS-CoV-2.