It’s summer, and who doesn’t love a burger (or three)? But there comes a time every summer that maybe, just maybe, it’s time to put the cakes aside. We guess it’s time. The next time burgers are on the menu, try this Questified alternative to a hamburger bun.
Check out the full recipe below
Tortilla Chip Burger Lettuce Wrap
yields: 5 servings | serving size: 1 burger
Calories: 230 | protein: 28 grams | fat: 11 grams | net carb: 4 years
Total Carbs: 4g | sugar: 0 grams
- 1 pound (85%/15%) ground beef
- 1 egg
- 2 bags Quest Ranch Tortilla Chips, crushed
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Half a teaspoon of salt
- Half a teaspoon of ground pepper
- 10 lettuce leaves with butter
- 10 slices of pickled sandwich
- ¼ red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 large tomato, cut into thin slices
- 1 large slice of jack cheese, cut into 5 pieces
- cracked pepper
- In a large mixing bowl, use your hands to mix the beef, eggs, potatoes, mustard, salt, and pepper.
- Separate the mixture into 5 equal-sized balls and press them flat, about ¾ inch thick.
- Prepare a non-stick frying pan with non-stick spray and over medium heat.
- Once heated through, add the burgers and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side.
- When the burger is almost done, top with a piece of Jack cheese.
- Make your own lettuce burger by layering two pieces of lettuce on top of each other, followed by pickles, red onions, tomatoes and a burger slice.
- Finish with desired seasoning.