Here are some important developments:
- Canada said it would start The easing of epidemic restrictions at the US-Canada border Starting August 9, allow entry to fully vaccinated US citizens and permanent residents for non-essential travel without quarantine.
- Global stock markets fainted on Monday, with The Dow fell more than 700 points. It was its worst one-day drop in 2021, as investors grew increasingly concerned about a resurgence of coronavirus cases led by a delta variable and the potential to derail an economic recovery.
- The coronavirus pandemic may have caused more than 4 million excess deaths in India, according to Appreciation From the Center for Global Development, based in Washington. The official death toll from COVID-19 in India has reached 414,000, a figure that experts believe is significantly understated.
- The total number of confirmed coronavirus cases in Russia exceeded 6 million state-owned cases on Tuesday TASS news agency reported. Russia suffers Rise in new infections and deaths due to late vaccinations.
- A close associate of ousted Myanmar leader Aung San Suu Kyi He died in prison on Tuesday The French news agency reported, quoting the country’s military authorities, after contracting the Covid-19 virus. The 78-year-old Nian Win was a prominent member of the National League for Democracy in Suu Kyi.
- Muslims around the world were Tuesday Celebrating the second Eid Al-AdhaEid al-Adha, or Eid al-Adha, in light of the Corona virus pandemic. Large gatherings and mass prayer are usually celebrated – but authorities in some countries have imposed travel restrictions or appealed to worshipers to stay at home to avoid spreading the virus.