If you want to create your own recipe video worthy of posting on social media, this is your perfect opportunity.
Get ready to be creative with our first ever experience Shakeology recipe competition!
The competition will be held on Shakeology Instagram page From April 15, 2021 until May 17, 2021.
Your recipe can feature any Shakeology The flavor can be as creative as you are!
Simply create a video showing how to prepare your recipe and enter the competition by posting as a REELS or IGTV video with the hashtag #myshakeology.
The winner with the highest score will be featured in a new Shakeology recipe book in preparation!
And if you’ve ever wondered how to make fun and engaging recipe videos, we’ve rounded up our top tips and tricks to help you get started:
- The top-down or “top-down” recipe videos work great because you can clearly see all the ingredients.
- Use a tripod stand to set your phone to capture content without wobbling.
- Create a video without voiceover by writing the names / amounts of the ingredients and instructions in the text.
- Add great music to enjoy a fun atmosphere that gets people excited to watch.
- Keep video duration under 1 minute for maximum appeal.
- Use a space with even natural light.
- If your kitchen doesn’t have good lighting, don’t be afraid to use up another space! A top style shot won’t reveal that you’re not in your kitchen.
- Complement the natural light by using a lamp with parchment paper over the lamp for soft, even lighting. Try a lamp shaped like a desk that can bend over a worktop or surface.
- Cloudy days are best to shade off to capture your best shot.
Tips and Tricks
- Use the interval for anything that might be slow to watch in real time, like cutting fruit or a repetitive step like rolling energy balls.
- Try to trim videos to show what appears and to make the video shorter.
- Amplify the appeal of appetite by adding a close-up shot at the end, or the angle of shot pouring vibration to showcase the recipe being poured into the glass.
- Show a Shakeology bag or pack in the shot, especially at the end!