We are not writing our usual blog today but here, as an alternative, the Politics Live readers’ edition. It is a place for you to discuss the politics of the day, and to share the links to the most interesting breaking news, stories and blogs on the web.
Feel free to express your opinions vigorously, but please treat others with respect and not abuse. Guardian comment pages are meant to be a haven from Twitter / Social media rant-orama, not an extension of it.
You can read all of the Guardian policy stories today Here.
- Public sector workers including teachers and police officers are said to receive a £ 2 billion increase in wages.
- I gave MPs Boris Johnson A brutal preview of the scale of the challenge facing his premiership, as the conservative rebels voted to block any attempt to suspend Parliament in order to force a no-deal Brexit.
- The new president of the European Commission said that a difficult Brexit would have “significant negative consequences” for both Britain and the European Union, and said that Brussels could provide emergency aid to countries like Ireland That bears the brunt of such an outcome.
- Theresa May She challenges her successor, lobbying for parents to spend more time with their newborn children. She writes in The Guardian that she hopes better paternity leave and work leave to care for premature babies will be one of her lasting legacies as prime minister..
- Sadiq Khan He will demand rental reform in a campaign of rental controls in London which is set to be the centerpiece of his 2020 reelection campaign.
Local sub-council elections will take place on Thursday. There were five yesterday. British election results.