Brazil legend Pele underwent surgery to remove a polyp from his colon.
After it was reported that the 80-year-old had been in hospital for six days, Post on social media On Monday, he said he had surgery to remove the “suspicious lesion” last Saturday.
“Fortunately, I am used to celebrating great victories by your side,” said the three-time World Cup winner.
“I will face this match with a smile on my face, a lot of optimism and joy in life.”
Five days ago, the former Santos and New York Cosmos striker He denied reports that he fainted And they had “routine exams”.
Now he says a tumor in the right colon was detected in tests last week.
“Thank God for making you feel so much better and for allowing Dr. Fabio and Dr. Miguel to take care of my health,” he added.
In February 2020, Pele’s son, former Santos goalkeeper Edinho, said his father was “embarrassed” to leave his home Because he cannot walk without assistance.
His health has been a concern in recent years, and he underwent prostate surgery in 2015 after being hospitalized for the second time in six months. Accepted for a Urinary tract infection in 2019.
Pele is Brazil’s all-time leading scorer and one of only four players to score in four different World Cup tournaments.
According to the Guinness Book of Records, he scored 1,279 goals in 1,363 matches during his career, including 77 goals in 91 international matches for Brazil.