His daughter said Brazilian soccer legend Pele is “recovering well” after being briefly moved to intensive care after a recent operation.
80 years He underwent surgery To remove a polyp from his colon earlier this month and he was discharged from intensive care Wednesday.
Albert Einstein Hospital in Sao Paulo confirmed he had been readmitted “as a precaution”.
“He is recovering well and within the normal range,” said Kelly Nascimento.
He had been receiving treatment in the hospital since August 31, after the tumor was discovered in routine examinations.
The media in Brazil had earlier reported that Pele had been readmitted to intensive care as a precaution due to his age.
The hospital later issued a statement confirming this and added: “After the condition stabilized, the patient was transferred to semi-intensive care.
“It is currently stable from a cardiovascular and respiratory point of view.”
Before the hospital’s statement was released, his daughter posted on Instagram: “I don’t know what’s going on with the rumors there but my direct messages are thriving!!!
“There is already a lot of anxiety going around in the world these days and we don’t want to be the cause of any more.
“The scenario of a normal recovery for a man of his age after an operation like this is sometimes two steps forward and one step back. It is very natural.
“Yesterday he was tired and backed away a little. Today he’s two steps forward!”
Pele’s health has been a concern in recent years; He underwent prostate surgery in 2015 after being hospitalized for the second time in six months, and was admitted again for a urinary tract infection in 2019.
Pele is Brazil’s all-time leading scorer with 77 goals in 92 matches and one of only four players to score in four World Cups.
He was recently surpassed by Lionel Messi as the leading South American scorer in international matches with a hat-trick in Argentina. Win the World Cup Qualifiers against Bolivia.