Following the allegations made Duchess Megan “Intimidating” a close advisor at Kensington Palace In 2018, a new clip appeared from the upcoming two-hour special titled “Oprah with Megan and Harry: A CBS Primetime Special”.
Megan speaks for the first time.
Winfrey asks, “How do you feel about the palace hearing your truth today?”
“I don’t know how they can expect that after all this time we will only remain silent if there is an active role the company plays in perpetuating lies about us. And if it comes with the risk of losing things – I mean, there is so much that he has already lost,” Megan says clearly.
Earlier Wednesday, Megan said she was “saddened” by the bullying allegations, which royal officials said they would investigate.
a Transfer A Tuesday publication in The Times of Britain suggests that Jason Knauf, the communications secretary of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex at the time, filed a complaint in October 2018 that Megan “took personal assistants out of the house and undermined the confidence of a third employee.”
In a statement to USA TODAY, a spokesperson for Meghan and Prince Harry said that the Duchess is “saddened by this recent attack on her character, especially as someone who has been The goal of bullying itself She is firmly committed to supporting those who have experienced pain and trauma. “
The statement continued: “It is determined to continue its work in building sympathy around the world and will continue to strive to be an example to do the right thing and do good.”
The Times article, which does not highlight Megan’s alleged specific actions, notes that the concern was shared with the Knauf boss but “nothing was done at the time to investigate the situation.”
Buckingham Palace issued a “concerned” statement in response later Wednesday, pledging to look into the allegations and asserting that employers in the royal family do not tolerate bullying.
“Obviously, we are extremely concerned about the allegations made in The Times following allegations made by former employees of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex,” the palace statement said. “Accordingly, our (Human Resources) team will look at the circumstances described in the article. Members of the personnel involved at that time, including those who have left the family, will be invited to participate to see if the lessons can be learned.
“The royal family has had a policy of dignity at work in place for a number of years and does not tolerate and will not tolerate bullying or harassment in the workplace.”
On Tuesday, Meghan won an initial payment of about $ 625,000 of her $ 2 million legal costs from the Associated Newspapers’ loss in a privacy breach lawsuit, a British judge ruled.
At a virtual hearing in London, Judge Mark Warby also rejected the tabloid publisher’s request for permission to appeal, saying there was no real possibility that another court would come to a different conclusion.
But he said publisher Mail on Sunday and MailOnline still had the right to renew the application to an appeals court judge.
The Associated Newspapers said it would, and a spokesperson for the publisher told the Daily Mail it was disappointed with the judge’s decision.
In a written memo to the court, Associated Newspapers attorney Anthony White said his clients believed that trying to overturn Warby’s ruling last month in Megan’s favor “would have a real chance of success.”
The hearing was scheduled for Tuesday after Warby granted a brief ruling to Meghan in her controversial lawsuit against the tabloid and its owners for violating her privacy in February 2019, when she published five stories containing parts of a private letter she wrote to her estranged father, Thomas Markle, after Her 2018 wedding to Prince Harry.
The hearing covered multiple issues in the wake of Meghan’s victory in the case, including damages, legal fees and the still pending question about whether Megan was the “only” writer for her letter to her father.
The Times’ allegations came a few days ago Harry and Meghan are scheduled to appear in an interview with Winfrey First US TV interview, to air on CBS on Sunday 8pm EST / PST.
In the first two promotions aired on Sunday, Megan did not speak, but Winfrey appears to be quoting from her, describing the couple’s frustrations as “nearly impossible”. She asks: Did she remain silent or be silent?
Queen Elizabeth II and a group of royals will also take to the British airwaves on Sunday for their first TV service on Commonwealth Day on the BBC.
Contribution: Maria Puente
Are Harry and Meghan Revealing “Horrific” Royal Secrets? What do you expect from an Oprah interview