Here are some important developments:
- The Seychelles, one of the world’s most vaccinated countries, said six people who received full vaccinations have died from the virus. Five of them received an Indian-made version of the Oxford-AstraZeneca shot, while one received Sinopharm shots.
- Indonesia recorded a record number of infections (24836) and deaths (504) on Thursday. Local leaders warned that hospital capacity was سعة under heavy pressure. The country has now placed two densely populated regions under lockdown.
- Portugal He reimposed a night curfew In several “high risk” cities including Lisbon and Porto. The country reported more than 2,400 new cases on Thursday, many of them among unvaccinated young adults.
- Facing an outbreak of an infectious delta strain and a faltering vaccination campaign, Australia Go Friday To further isolate themselves from the world Its previous success in tackling the coronavirus continued to unravel.
- South Korea reported 826 new infections on Friday – the highest number of daily infections in nearly half a year. After the massive increase in vaccinations through mid-June, the pace is starting to slow. Seoul recently eased the mask mandate for partially vaccinated people.