Here are some important developments:
- New South Wales, the most populous state in Australia, 145 new cases of corona virus were recorded On Monday, as authorities there struggle to curb an outbreak of the most contagious Delta type of virus. thousands of people protest the lockdown measures تدابير In the state capital, Sydney, over the weekend.
- From Monday, more than 10 million residents of Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam’s largest mall, will undergo Strict night curfew To help officials fight the unprecedented rise in coronavirus infections.
- London Heathrow Airport on Monday called on the British government to reopen travel for vaccinated passengers, citing a cumulative Epidemiological losses About 4 billion dollars. New coronavirus cases in Britain It fell for the fifth day in a row Sunday, according to data from Public Health England, after a rapid rise in infections earlier this month, officials blamed the more contagious delta variant.
- South Africa has Some restrictions of the Corona virus have been relaxedLifting the weekday ban on the sale of alcoholic beverages and easing inter-provincial travel restrictions. President Cyril Ramaphosa said in a televised address on Sunday that the latest wave of infections appears to have peaked.
- The United States’ chief infectious disease expert, Anthony S. Fauci, He said in an interview Sunday The United States is heading in the “wrong direction” as coronavirus cases rise among the unvaccinated.