Here are some important developments:
- The Food and Drug Administration warned Monday that the Johnson & Johnson vaccine is linked to A. Rare but dangerous Side effects in which the immune system attacks the nerves.
- WHO chief Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus Criticize Wealthier countries are considering using booster doses at a time when most of the developing world is still not immune.
- Japan will Sending a third shipment of Oxford-AstraZeneca vaccine doses to Taiwan this week, as it seeks to bolster the Asian island against China. The latest dispatch means that Tokyo has donated more than 3.3 million rounds to Taipei.
- China said it has given more than 1.39 billion vaccine doses, even as countries using the shots developed in China look to Western-made RNA vaccines as boosters. The country recorded about 50 new infections on Monday.
- Commerce Secretary Gina Raimondo said it was “push hard” To facilitate the entry of international travelers into the United States. But, she added, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention was nervous and that identifying vaccination cases was difficult.