Here are some important developments:
- Parts of South Africa’s vaccination program have been temporarily halted after the country The fiercest protests in years. Only about 2.5 percent of the population of the country devastated by the coronavirus has been completely vaccinated.
- On Wednesday, Tokyo recorded the highest number of coronavirus cases In nearly six months, just days before the Olympics and about a week after authorities declared a state of emergency to stem the rising tide of infection.
- Global number of new coronavirus cases increased by 10 percent Over the past week, after more than two months of steady decline, the World Health Organization said in an epidemiological update. While the number of deaths related to the Covid-19 virus increased by 3 percent worldwide, the Africa region recorded a 50 percent jump in new deaths from the virus, the agency said.
- Transport for London will Assignment reportedly continues Face coverings on board services such as the city’s subway system. England will Lift almost all the rest Virus restrictions on Monday.
- Sydney extended its limited lockdown for at least another 14 days, after the state of New South Wales reported 97 new cases on Wednesday. It was the largest city in Australia Under reinforced restrictions for three weeks.