If you are looking for an easy and healthy way A vegetarian side dishYou covered Brussels sprouts, have you covered?
This cruciferous vegetable – which comes from the same family of kale, broccoli, and cabbage – provides Nutrients Such as vitamin C, folate, and fiber.
But unless you know how to cook Brussels sprouts the right way, they can turn out tender, bitter and less appetizing.
We’ve gathered six ways to cook Brussels sprouts to bring out its sweet, textured flavor and make it addictive.
even in Picky eaters It will be please!
How to clean and prepare Brussels sprouts
Before cooking, wash the Brussels sprouts with lukewarm water and remove any yellow or wilted leaves.
Use a knife to trim the ends of the stem, but don’t remove too much of the bottom, or the outer leaves will fall off.
Brussels sprouts are notoriously bitter, but they are recipes with a little bit of sweetness – like Glazed Brussels sprouts – It can hide some bitterness.
Avoid overcooking this vegetable, especially when boiling, as this can Intensify the bitter flavor.
(Each of the cooking methods below will require 1 to 1.5 pounds of Brussels sprouts.)
How to cook oven roasted Brussels sprouts
In the oven, Brussels sprouts develop a fork center and a crunchy caramel outer layer. Grill it whole or cut it in half for faster cooking.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- My heart of brussels sprouts with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Cook for 35 to 45 minutes, shaking the pan at least once midway to help the sprouts brown evenly.
You might be wondering: Should you boil Brussels sprouts before roasting? no need. If you want the sprouts to cook faster, you can use the microwave to cook them for a minute or two before roasting them.
How to cook Brussels sprouts air frying pan
If you have an air fryer, use it by whipping up a batch of air-fried Brussels sprouts.
- Spray the air fryer basket with cooking spray. Set the air fryer to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- My heart of brussels sprouts with olive oil, salt and pepper. Add it to an air fryer basket, and make sure it isn’t too crowded. If it is, cook it in two batches.
- Cook for 10 minutes. Take the air fryer basket out halfway and shake well to ensure even cooking.
How to cook roasted Brussels sprouts
Delicious Brussels sprouts are possible – just like this one Crunchy Brussels sprouts – On the stove, too. We recommend using a large, well-seasoned cast-iron skillet for best results.
- Cut the Brussels sprouts in half.
- Heat a skillet with 1 tablespoon of butter over a medium-high heat. Once thawed, reduce the heat to medium.
- Add your sprouts to the skillet in a single layer and cut side down to increase the surface area for browning. Let them sit undisturbed until brown, about 8 minutes.
- Use a spoon to stir the buds. Cook for another 5 to 8 minutes. Season with salt, pepper and lemon juice to taste. Repeat for the second batch if needed.
How to use raw Brussels sprouts
Sweetened raw Brussels sprouts can be a great base for a salad – they taste like cabbage and last well for hours without spoiling.
- Shave Brussels sprouts with a sharp knife or use a food processor to chop them.
- Make your own by combining 12 cup olive oil, 1 tablespoon honey, and 3 tablespoons of any acid on hand (lemon juice, balsamic vinegar, and apple cider vinegar).
- Mix the sprouts with the sauce and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add toppings. Some great options include dried cranberries; Chopped apple nuts (pecans, almonds) or seeds (pumpkin, sunflower); Or 3 tablespoons. Shredded cheese. Stir and serve.
How to grill Brussels sprouts
Roasted Brussels sprouts are a great side dish to serve at any barbecue.
You will need some skewers to make grilled sprouts unless you enjoy chasing them around the grill!
- Heat the grill to a medium temperature.
- Place the Brussels sprouts in a large bowl and let them sit over high heat for 3 minutes.
- Season with olive oil, salt, pepper, and other herbs and spices of your choice.
- Sew Brussels sprouts through a skewer.
- Add the skewers on the grill and cook for 5 minutes, covered. Turn it over and let it cook for another 5 minutes or until it’s done.
How to steam Brussels sprouts
Steaming is a simple and healthy way to cook Brussels sprouts. Add a layer or glaze to steamed buds, or just enjoy them.
- Place a steamer basket in a saucepan and add an inch of water. Bring the water to a boil.
- Place the Brussels sprouts in the steamer basket and cover the saucepan.
- Steam the Brussels sprouts until tender with a fork (usually about 5 minutes).
How to upgrade your Brussels sprouts
Want to make your Brussels sprouts even tastier?
Here are some ways to wear it:
- Add garlic, balsamic vinegar, or lemon zest before roasting, air-frying, or sautéing Brussels sprouts.
- After cooking, top your Brussels sprouts with a pinch of Parmesan cheese, a few chopped nuts, or chopped bacon (in moderation).
- try this Brussels sprouts wrapped in maple and turkey Recipe.